Tuesday, February 1, 2011




























I have been feeling the need for change for quite some time now. Change in the way we
consume and the connection we have to the stuff we buy, use and eat.  We have been a
family of unconscious consumers, shopping for the best deal and seldom making purchases
based on quality, character, ethics, sustainability, and sadly health.  I crave, want and need
this to change.  I want my girls to learn about the purchases they make and how they can
affect others both negative and positive.  I want them to have a relationship with the products
and food they use daily.  I want them to be interested in the story behind their stuff, it can be
as simple as corporate need for capital, a mama's desire to provide for her family, or a son using
his hands and learned skills. And most importantly I hope they develop a connection to this earth.

I am hopeful that the changes I make will set us all on a life path full of
nature, creating, learning, observing, teaching and being mindful of others
and the legacy we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment