Friday, February 4, 2011






























i am a southern girl. some days it makes me bitter and others i feel blessed.
i dream of leaving and never returning but i worry that i would miss it terribly.
i worry that the south will never lose its creed of legends past and gain diversity.
i see a subtle movement of progression but my patience grows less each day and
i fear that my contempt keeps me from seeing the everyday beauty around me.
and yes, there is much beauty here, even in the people.
it is an inner beauty that shines through each smile and every story told.
a simplistic way of life steeped with such heritage that it becomes intricate.
but i achingly long for the south to embrace its full potential and gain the fortune that awaits it.
unfortunately, the southern pride that so many wear as a badge coupled with history
makes me suspect that the south will always be just the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment